Getting Started

Are you interested in teaching at UNC Charlotte? Or have you recently been offered an adjunct position? This page will provide you with the necessary details to get you through the new hire process so you can focus on more important matters: teaching! To see what adjunct faculty positions are currently available, please go to the UNC Charlotte Employment Opportunities website.

I-9 Employee Verification

All employees at UNC Charlotte must verify their eligibility to work in the United States by completing form I-9. You must complete this process before you can be entered into the UNC Charlotte HR system. Click here for more information.

Human Resources

Once your I-9 has been completed, you will need to go to Human Resources prior to or on your first day of employment. The forms found in the New Hire Packet will need to be filled out and submitted. Be sure to have the correct and necessary forms of identification with you as well. You should also bring your signed Offer of Appointment (AA-15) to HR.  Check out the New Employees page on the Human Resources website for details.

49er Card

Once you receive your HR paperwork and documentation, you will need to have a Faculty ID created at the Auxiliary services office. In addition to your 49er Card acting as your campus ID, it also allows you to add money to it for vending machines or copiers and showing it at the bookstore gets you a 20% discount! Click here for more information.

Adjunct Faculty Orientation

UNC Charlotte is happy to offer a new online adjunct orientation. This orientation provides you with a broad overview of university policies, guidelines and resources. 


To access the orientation, please login to Canvas and logging in with your NinerNET credentials. This is the same username and password combination you use to check email or access My UNC Charlotte.  Once you have logged into Canvas, look to the left side of the screen under “Courses” and select: “Training – Adjunct Faculty Orientation.”

Direct Deposit

Direct deposit is required for all UNC Charlotte employees.  In order to enroll in direct deposit, you will need to login to My UNC Charlotte and select Banner Self Service.

Parking and Transportation Services (PaTS)

Parking permits are required at all times while on UNC Charlotte’s campus. What type of permit do you need? How much does it cost? How can you pay for it? What information do you need to provide when purchasing a permit? Follow here to find out.

Campus Map

UNC Charlotte’s campus can be overwhelming to navigate at first. Start by finding your department’s building on the map which will determine the best place to park. Click here for a printable version of the map or for an interactive version.